**My title must include my areas of study which are Behavioral science And Government**
**Topic: “The Effects of Domestic Violence on Childhood Growth and Development” I HAVE ALSO PROVIDED THAT PAPER RESEARCH DRAFT PAPER ***Literature Review Instructions**
Prompt: In 1,000-1,200 words and using at least five scholarly, relevant, and appropriate sources, create a literature review of the scholarship around the topic of your research proposal.
1. A literature review requires two things: it summarizes the context of other scholar’s work related to your topic, and it mentions the research gap that you propose to fill. Both of these are important to mention and to emphasize.
2. You must use third person
3. Your grammar, spelling, and punctuation should be flawless. Visit the Liberty University writing centers if you want extra help: https://www.liberty.edu/academics/casas/academicsuccess/index.cfm?PID=38382
4. APA formatting including a title page but not an abstract
5. My title must include my areas of study which are Behavioral science And Government
6. In the context of this assignment, it is important to remember that you are summarizing the most current and relevant research to your topic. This means that even many books will not be considered scholarly sources. A self-help book, a book published for a general audience, or a textbook will usually not be appropriate as a scholarly source for this assignment (though they may mention sources that are more trustworthy). Generally, journal articles, peer-reviewed books, and books published by university presses (for the purpose of scholarship) are good sources to begin with.
1. It will be VERY tempting to argue for your point. If you are researching tent-making missionary success in Peru, it will be VERY tempting to make the literature review an argument for why more missionaries need to go to Peru as tent-makers. Resist the temptation. Instead, identify contexts of your research and report on those without bias. In this case, you could find out what recent scholars have said about recent developments in Peru regarding missions, tent-making ministries, and missionary experiences in South America. Report on these to set a framework for the research you are proposing and mention the “gap” in scholarship that your research might fill—what part of the conversation is missing that you hope to provide? Only report on the state of scholarship regarding the context of your question and mention the research gap. That is what a literature review does.
2. An easy way to organize a literature review might look like this:
A. Have an introduction paragraph introducing scholarship and the research gap
B. Have separate body paragraphs summarizing and discussing the relevancy of one source each (though feel free to mention the sources in each other’s paragraphs or to not dedicate a paragraph to each source if not needed)
C. Have a conclusion paragraph that summarizes the research and emphasizes the research gap
3. At the end of your introduction paragraph, you should include a non-argumentative thesis statement that summarizes the general idea of what you found in your research, mentioning scholarship and the research gap.
4. Be sure to include introduction and conclusion paragraphs. Your body paragraphs should be unified and have strong controlling and concluding sentences.
*******Here is the Topic PAPER YOU WILL BASE YOUR LITERATURE REVIEW ON MY LAST DRAFT PAPER **************************************
Topic: “The Effects of Domestic Violence on Childhood Growth and Development”
Since the topic on “effects of domestic violence on children” is broad, it is essential to narrow down and focus on how it affects the “growth and development” of the child. The research paper will focus on how DV may affect social, physical, and mental growth of children. Notably, the study will investigate the “negative impact of domestic violence on the child’s growth and development”.
The research topic is going to investigate school going children aged between 9-12 years. Children falling within this age bracket are highly overwhelmed by the issue of verbal, emotional, physical, or even sexual abuse that they experience in their families. Children become a prime target of domestic violence –something that hinder their overall growth. Young children aged 9-12 years lack the ability to seek refuge hence forcing them to remain in with their abusive families. This subjects them to continuous problems that may affect their development –an issue that may extend into adulthood.
Children under 12 years lack the courage to open up and share challenges they go through due to fear of victimization. Consequently, they become uncomfortable and confused in most cases. Children who find themselves in this state cannot engage even their teachers because they fear that the issue will reach their parent or guardians. Moreover, teachers may lack skills to notice children’s whose behaviors have changed –thus there are no interventions to help these children.
The collection of data can be done through filling in questionnaires and assuring the children of confidentiality. Once the children are assured of confidentiality it is easier for them to express what they go through at their homes and how it affects development. During the research process, it is important to spend some time with children in the school set up so as to learn them. Those that seem stressed and uncomfortable will form the population of study for this research process. Teachers will be involved in the process to help the children answer the questions regarding the state of their families, that is, whether they are undergoing any form of domestic violence or abuse. Conducting a thorough and detailed interview equips the researcher with data regarding the state of DV and how it affects them. Though it is hard to get the right information from all respondents, the few who respond will provide enough data for analysis (Johnson, 2016). “The independent variable is domestic violence and the dependent variable is children’ growth and development.”
First, DV affects children’s mental growth. Children experiencing domestic violence are prone to anxiety and depression which hinders their brain development –hence affecting IQ of children. According to Huang et al. (2015), “many studies have linked domestic violence to poorer educational outcomes among school going children.” Moreover, DV hinders social and emotional growth of children. As a result, children become anti-social and lack empathy for others. They also tend to become violent as well as portraying other social discomforts. Finally, children who are victims of DV experience stunted physical growth. Some experience health issues due to poor feeding and lack of enough sleep.
The issue of domestic violence can be approached from different perspectives in the bid to understand the effects it has on school going children. Many researches have been done but this study seeks to get a clear picture of how domestic violence affects overall growth and development of children. The researcher will explore previous studies done on this topic in order to come up with facts and evidence to support the study. Both primary and secondary sources will be of great importance in collecting all the necessary information required for this research process. Theories will be of great significance in making sure that a clear picture is gotten on how children of age 9-12 get affected by domestic violence and what can be done to help them out of it. Notably, “the effects of domestic violence on social, physical, and mental development” of a child may extend to the adulthood hence adversely affecting the future of the victims. The research finding will help to help the victims to overcome these effects and live a positive life despite their past experiences.
The research questions are important in any research process. Research question guide the researcher in coming up with the relevant information and facts to answer those questions. Considerably, research questions form the basis of a successful research since the researcher is able to collect data that answers those questions. There are different researches that have been done about the topic that will make it possible for us to answer the question and build up on the research topic. For instance, there are quantitative researches that have been done and analysis provided in form of statistics and there is qualitative research which analyses extensively the research topic at hand (Katz, 2015).
The overall research question is: “Does domestic violence affect children’s growth and development?”
Specific questions include:
• “How does domestic violence affect mental growth and development of children?”
• “How does domestic violence affect physical growth and development of children?”
• How does domestic violence affect social and emotional growth and development of children?
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homework Sharks, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prces are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.